Links

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

November 16, 2006

Happy Thanks giving

This year has been a year of change in every aspect of my life. And the republicans wouldn't agree more about thier lives either. Tomorrow will truly be black friday for the republicans and unfortunately the war in Iraq was the #1 topic of judgement during the senate, state and governor elections. As for Minnesota, I couldn't ask for better. The streak of success for the independant party has come to an end, hopefully. Keith Ellison, an african-american muslim man became a congressman and Amy Klobuchar, a woman, became the senator. Infact, we did create history by having a muslim win in the state elections. Forgetting all the elections results for a little while and focussing on this picture for a moment.



Can anyone tell whats going on in the minds of the characters in the above picture.
I predict
Pelosy: OOOO, Its hard to keep a smiling face in front of these suckers. All I want to do is just find a restroom and empty my bladder. I need to tighten my pelvic muscles to avoid any sort of national embarrassment.

Bush: Oh god, will I ever get to be the decider again?

Cheney: Only I know who I am taking quail hunting with me next time. Hopefully, my pacemaker doesn't act on me before that.

This will dictate the bi partisan relationship in this country. We will reallly see how the two parties will work together in this mess between iraq and increasing taxes, not to forget the global war on terror and the dependance on oil.

Google reaches $500 a share, I cant care less since I own or can afford to own a decent nu,ber of them. But I do like their icons on google.com reminding me of every holliday there is in the world, without any ethnic prejudice.

For those who are not aware, Michael Richards (Kramer in Seinfeld) has gone public about being a racist. He openly insulted a black man on his show calling him a n**** multiple times. He even said that "50 years ago he would have had a fork up his ass". I dont believe that there were some people on crack who were actually laughing at these statements in his show; simply not acceptable or funny. I'M NEVER WATCHING ANY OF KRAMER'S SHOWS AGAIN.

And this was not the first time Michael Richards has made racial slurs. He has once done it in Seinfeld itself.

Viewers throughout the United States and Puerto Rico were outraged by the racist portrayals in the May 7, 1998 episode titled "The Puerto Rican Day Parade."

In that episode the character "Kramer" sets the Puerto Rican flag on fire "accidentally." Kramer then throws the flag on the ground and repeatedly stomps on it, supposedly to put out the flames. In response, an angry crowd rocks Jerry Seinfeld's empty car. Kramer remarks, "It's like this every day in Puerto Rico."

The episode also included anti-African American and anti-gay "humor."

It goes to stay that there are some crack heads in this country that are still given importance and the opportunity to go public and make statements that offend a big group of population. We can only hope that things would change with time.

On the good side of things, today is thanks giving. One of our friend has invited us over dinner at their family's place. Those times are always good. Even if you are not eating good food, you can always enjoy the cheap prices for all the goods tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i watched the video and this guy ranted on and on.

btw, what was also lousy (that no one is talking about) was the black dude in turn calling Richards a 'cracker'.

Though there definitely was provocation, the black dude lost his moral high ground by calling Michael Richards a cracker.

21:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>