Links

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

March 20, 2006

The Village of Aksa - Chapter 3

Janaka slept late that night with the satisfaction of next day being a Saturday. The weekends were always relaxing for the students. There were no classes and the students were generally allowed to use the playground until 5pm unless there was an event or a competition between the ABCD schools. Janaka woke up really early to go to Sampa and inform him about his previous night’s meeting with Bala. But before he could get up he remembered that Bala had warned him of the Katurava curse. For a moment Janaka wondered if Bala was trying to trick him by warning him about the curse but quickly became cautious when he imagined himself as a frog. The desire to find out more about Mr.Khaus’s existence was burning inside him and soon he got dressed to go to Sampa’s room. Sampa was surprisingly awake at this hour.

“Why are you up so early? I was anticipating an ordeal to wake you up this morning.” said Janaka

“I have not been able to sleep well lately. I had a dream that involved you and Mr.Khaus.” Sampa went on to describe the details of his dream about how Mr. Khaus was instructing Janaka on the art of astral manipulation to travel to Aksa. The details of his dreams were very similar to the description that Bala had given him last night. Even though Janaka could see the impeccable similarities between Sampa’s dream and Bala’s description of the travel, he did not mention about Bala's description. Instead he was pressing his curiosity to find Mr. Khaus.

“Where do you think we can find Mr. Khaus? He is not a teacher in Ashra any more. In any case I wanted to ask you if you found out anything from Klacken?” asked Janaka

“I did meet up with Klacken yesterday. As expected he was reluctant to answer some of my questions in the beginning. He assumed that I was going to use this information in some way to get an edge over their school in the history contest. It took me some time to convince him that I was still his friend and would never use his information to harm him or his school in anyway possible. I even bought him a laddu at the canteen. Later during our meeting he mentioned that his history teacher Mr. Saman and he had discussed a lot about Aksa, some of which he wasn’t allowed to share with anyone. But what he did share was that no student of Atipu was allowed to go to Aksa without the consent of Mr. Khaus. It seems to me that Mr. Khaus is one of the most powerful yogis in this village and that everyone seems to obtain his permission in order to get to Aksa. Klacken also mentioned that the reason why our lives are so different from the norm is the result of the events that happened a long time ago. He did not go into too much detail about the events. It is now clear that Mr. Khaus is the person we need to meet.”

“Yes that was precisely my question. How do we meet him? I wonder if Taal knows anything about Mr. Khaus. Let’s go to her room and wake her up.” said Janaka.

Both Sampa and Janaka went to Taal’s room which was also in the same floor as theirs. Taal took a while to get up to the boys’ wild knocking of the door. Squinting her eyes, Taal slowly opened the door to the sunlight outside her room. Her room was very dark with the windows and blinds tightly shut.

“What do you want this early on a Saturday morning?” said Taal.

“Hey Taal. Sorry for waking you up from your sleep. Do you mind if we stepped in and discussed something important with you?” Janaka behaved as though it was justified to wake her up since he had something important to talk about.

“Yes it is pretty important Taal. Otherwise we wouldn’t be here so early.” said Sampa almost trying to second Janaka. Clearly it wasn’t that important that the two boys couldn’t wait for another hour or two, but they had already planned on coming up with a reason if Taal woke up with a grumpy face.

“How do you expect me to believe that its so important on a Saturday morning? Anyway you guys have already woken me up so there is really no point in me hitting the bed again. But remember this for next time; I don’t want you guys coming up to my room early on a weekend.” Taal pointed her fingers at them in an instructing manner.

The two boys came into the room and closed the door quickly so no one noticed them. Taking their respective seats, Taal put her hands on her chin waiting for one of them to start the conversation.

“It seems like Mr. Khaus is the one that can help us in finding information regarding Aksa. You mentioned that you heard him explain to a student about traveling to Aksa. Where exactly did you see him? I wonder if we can just go there and wait for him.” said Janaka.

Taal noticed the excitement in the two of them and said “Hmm I wish you guys hadn’t woken me up so early. I would have been able to tell you exactly where he was. Too bad you woke me up.”

“What do you mean? I thought you were okay and we assured you that this wouldn’t happen again. Come on Taal.” said Sampa in a frustrated manner.

“Yeh come on and be a sport.” said Janka immediately.

“I was referring to my dream. I was actually dreaming of Mr. Khaus helping the three of us.” said Taal.

Sampa and Janka could not believe what she was saying and showed an expression of disbelief.

“Yes. I am being serious. Mr. Khaus was not physically in my dream, he was only mentioned. It was Klacken who came to my room with both of you and he showed us the way to Mr. Khaus’s house. Before we got there you guys woke me up. Too bad we don't know the location.” Taal said in a teasing manner.

“This cant be true. Are you being serious?” said Sampa.

“Why would I lie about a mere dream? After all it was just a dream. You guys don’t think its true, do you?”

“No, of course we don’t. But the weirdest thing is that I had a very similar dream which did not involve Klacken. It was Mr. Khaus instructing Janaka on astral manipulation. Khaus took Janaka’s hand and sat under a tree. The two of them just disappeared in a little while without much effort.” said Sampa.

“This must all be happening for a reason. And the reason better be a good one. I just hope we don’t get in danger of some sort. For the moment, let’s just assume both of your dreams were true. It seems Klacken may be the crucial piece to start solving our puzzle. This time, the three of us should all go together to visit and speak with him. We must be frank about our visit and assure him that no harm would be done to him or Camili and that the information is solely for the purpose of our travel to Aksa and nothing else.” said Janaka.

“Lets go talk to Klacken after lunch.” said Sampa.

“Better. Lets take him for lunch to the canteen.” said Janaka.

“I think you guys are being hasty. We must think this over before going too fast. I would rather wait for a little while and come up with a plan to meet Mr. Khaus.” said Taal.

“How much longer do you want to wait? Haven’t we waited for the last 11 years? And besides, I really think that both of our dreams say something. Its hard for me to believe that all of it was coincidence.” said Sampa irritably.

“This is not the first time I had a dream like this one. I have had many more. I just haven’t mentioned any of them to you all because I thought you guys would make fun of me. Which is why I am saying that it might be a hasty decision to go meet Mr. Khaus right away?” said Taal.

“But we are not meeting Mr. Khaus right away Taal. We are just meeting Klacken. We don’t even know if he would have the answer to Khaus’s location. But I seriously don’t think there is any harm in trying.” said Janaka.

“Why don’t you guys go meet him and leave me alone on this one? I personally think it’s a little too early to think about all this.” said Taal. Taal’s stubbornness irritated the boys and they got up to leave the room.

“I am Sorry. It’s just that I am not comfortable doing this right now. But I am willing to help in any way I can.” said Taal apologetically.

“Well, thanks for your help.” said Janaka while the two of them left her room.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sidharth said...

Waiting for Part-4 to come out machan!!

17:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>